- On a sheet of paper, draw the outlines of the Hug-a-Bug characters – Sedric Snail, Bella Bee, Lily Ladybird, Bhu Beetle, Seb Spider and Cress Caterpillar
- Ask your Little Bug to colour in the characters
- Cut out each bug – we kept this simple by cutting an oval around each character
- Next, attach a strip of cardboard to the back of each cutout character
- Now the fun bit! Hide each character around the house! You could stick to one room to make the game simpler, or the whole house for a more difficult Hug-a-Bug hunt.
- It is time for your Little Bug to “catch” the Hug-a-Bugs – can your Little Bug name each character as they find them? Can they remember their affirmation?
Sedric Snail – I am Unique
Bella Bee – I am Brave
Lily Ladybird – I am Loved
Bhu Beetle – I can Share
Seb Spider – I am Kind
Cress Caterpillar – I can Do It