- Time to get messy! Wear an apron for this bit! Use paint on your child’s hands and press down on some card to make handprints.
- When dry, cut around the handprints.
- Measure your child’s ‘hug’ by asking them to reach out as far as they can like an aeroplane. Cut some string or ribbon to this measurement.
- Cut out a love heart and write a message inside. You can use this poem if you like..
“Sending you this little gift, to show how much I care. Here’s a little hug for you for while I can’t be there.”
- Now let’s put it all together. Tape the ribbon ends to the back of each handprint. There you have your ‘hug’. Place the centre of the ribbon into a folded piece of card and secure it with the cut out message using glue.
- Have fun decorating the front of the card and writing your name!
- Perhaps you might be tall enough to reach the post pox when posting it to your loved one!