- Thread your needle at one end of the string and tie a stick to the other end, leaving a good length (around 30 cm) up to the needle
- Start threading your collection of leaves, letting each item slip down the string and stack up on the stick.
- Once you have your first collection or section threaded tie another stick onto the string
- Start threading your second layer, can you make a pattern?
- Now it’s time to add another stick!
- Can you thread a final layer of leaves?
- Once you have finished, tie a loop at the end of your string and hang your mobile for everyone to see!
This activity combines collecting, creating, and developing fine motor skills!