- Add your soil substrate to the bottom of your container (a few inches is perfect as snails like to burrow!)
- Next, add a thick layer of moss – this provides humidity and snails also like to nibble at it!
- Now its time to make your habitat fun! Add in sticks, bark, leaves etc. Snails love to climb!
- Can you make a den for your snail?
- Using a spray bottle, mist your habitat with water – snails love a moist environment (remember to do this every day!)
- Add in your snail snacks – this can be most vegetables you can find in your fridge!
- Finally, it’s time to find your snails! Head out to your garden, park or woodland. Snails like company, so collect a few! Carefully pop them into their new home!
- Remember, removed uneaten food regularly and do a full clean of your habitat once a month!
Build a Snail Habitat
Garden snails are easy to take care of and can make a brilliant pet for your Little Bugs!